BrokerWeb Management Limited
The role of BrokerWeb Management, as the manager of the BrokerWeb Group, is to:
- co-ordinate, facilitate, manage and drive all Group activities;
- investigate and negotiate insurance market and other related arrangements/ initiatives on behalf of the Group;
- plan, implement and co-ordinate Group promotions and initiatives;
- deliver specialist and technical support to Members;
- provide specialist business units and services for use by Members from a “central core”, where delivery is more efficient and effective;
- investigate and implement centralised systems and market linkages where efficiencies can be gained;
- introduce Group purchasing arrangements where appropriate and beneficial to Members, and possibly Clients.
BrokerWeb Management is owned and managed by David Archer (through Archer Group Limited) and Jim Harris, both of Auckland:
David Archer – Executive Chairman:
- 35 years Insurance Industry experience specialising in General Broking and Risk Management Consultancy.
- 25 years as Managing Director of International Insurance Broking Firms Jardines and Minet, both of London; 8 years as Managing Director of his own broking house David Archer & Associates.
- Past Vice President and long standing Council Member of The Corporation Of Insurance Brokers Of New Zealand Inc.
Jim Harris – Managing Director:
- 35 years Insurance Industry experience, specialising in Underwriting Insurance Broker introduced Personal, Commercial, Rural, Industrial and Corporate lines of business.
- 20+ years in senior Insurance Company management roles, including 13 years as Managing Director of Intermediary Insurance Services Ltd (a division of National Insurance) and MMI General Insurance (N.Z.) Limited (now Allianz New Zealand Limited).
- A number of years as a Board Member of The Insurance Council Of New Zealand Inc.
The blend of these two sets of experience, respectively from the very top of Insurance Broking and Insurance Underwriting in this country, is unique and has been a significant factor in the rapid success of BrokerWeb, both in the growth of its Members and in the support of the Underwriting markets.